As of September 2022, IMPS/UPI counts more than 260 million users in India with the participation of over 358 banks, making it the top payment option in the country.
Thanks to its popularity among banks and individuals, most Indian gambling sites now accept IMPS/UPI as banking options. Bettors can easily find Indian casinos that support IMPS/UPI for payments, and many of these sites offer bespoke bonuses and promotions.
This article will cover the basics of IMPS/UPI, its features, pros and cons, and steps to use the facility. Whether you are a new bettor or a seasoned casino player, this guide can help you efficiently use the facility!
What is IMPS/UPI?
As India’s leading payment facility, the Unified Payments Interface, or UPI, powers multiple bank accounts into a single mobile application, combining several banking features and merchant payments for convenience and flexibility. In addition, IMPS accepts ‘peer to peer’ collect requests scheduled at the user’s convenience. UPI is an instant payment system in India developed by the National Payments Corporation of India or NPCI and built using the IMPS infrastructure. With this seamless integration, individuals can quickly transfer funds between two bank accounts or between two parties. Thanks to its convenience and widespread acceptance in India, it’s no longer surprising to know that it’s a choice banking option among Indian bettors.
Although IMPS and UPI are advertised together, there are still some differences. IMPS is a mobile application, and the UPI provides additional benefits to the platforms and users in four ways:
- Offers a P2P pull functionality
- Simplifies payments
- One app for fund transfer
- Two-Factor Authentication
How to Register for a UPI-Enabled App?
Like most e-wallets and prepaid cards for casino payments, IMPS/UPI offers a convenient and seamless registration process. Let’s cover the basic steps that you need to follow to register an account:
- First, download the UPI application from the app store or the bank’s website.
- Then, create a profile by providing your complete name, virtual ID or payment address, and password, among others.
- Next, proceed to the “Add/Link/Manage Bank Account” option. This step links the bank and bank account number with your virtual ID.
Generating a UPI PIN is easy. To create a PIN, select the bank account from which you want to complete the transaction. The UPI PIN is a 4-6 digit passcode you set during your first-time registration with the app. You’ll need to enter the UPI-PIN to authorize all online transactions, including when topping up your casino account.
Using IMPS/UPI When Making Casino Deposits
Don’t worry if you’re a first-time user of IMPS/UPI in online casinos. Check out our step-by-step guide on how to make a UPI deposit in one of the reputable Indian online casinos:
- Log in to your online casino account using the assigned username and password.
- Proceed to the ‘Cashier’ section and choose “UPI” from the list of available payment options.
- Indicate the amount you want to deposit. In most Indian casinos that we have reviewed, the minimum amount to deposit is ₹500.
- Click the “Deposit” or “Submit” button.
- Provide your UPI ID and just follow the remaining on-screen instructions.
- In minutes, your account is funded, and you’re ready to play with real money!
Pros and Cons of Using IMPS/UPI for Casino Payments
Although IMPS/UPI is a popular payment option in India, there are still a few issues and questions surrounding its use and application. To give you a better overview of UPI Indian casinos, we’ve collected some of their pros and cons below.
- The payment system is widely available
- IMPS/UPI serves as a gateway for other payment methods, including Google Pay and Paytm
- Offers instant deposits and fast withdrawals
- It can be complicated, especially for new users/bettors
- Possibility of temporary PSP or Payment Service Provider issues due to tight regulations
Play at IMPS/UPI Indian Casinos
IMPS/UPI is widespread in traditional merchant sites and online casinos. Three hundred fifty-eight banks work with IMPS/UPI, providing bettors easy access to their funds. This platform allows bettors to rely on immediate fund transfers 24/7 using a single mobile application. Additionally, security is covered since the system uses a Single Click 2-Factor Authentication.
If you’re planning to play and deposit using IMPS/UPI, you can browse and read our comprehensive reviews of top Indian casinos.
Our team regularly reviews IMPS/UPI casinos based on games, security and convenience, bonuses, and support so we can list and rank them for our readers.