Google Pay may be backed by the world’s most dominant search engine, but finding a casino that supports this feature is challenging. It’s a relatively new payment option in the gambling industry and thus only a few operators accept it.
To take out the stress of finding a Google Pay site, we’ve reviewed several websites and created a list below. In this brief guide, we will cover the basics of Google Pay, its features, and steps that you need to follow to complete a deposit transaction.
Google Pay- A Faster and More Secure Way to Pay
An increasing number of online casinos now prefer the use of digital and e-wallets such as for faster and secure transactions. Some examples include Neteller, Skrill and PayPal. These payment methods are readily available and often recommended by operators. One up-and-coming digital wallet that you can use to top-up your casino account is Google Pay, a digital wallet which is tied to your Google account. You can use this app to send or request money, use it to pay for your restaurant bill, or transfer funds using an Android phone or even a watch that runs on the same OS. For many users, Google Pay is preferred to pay and transfer funds because it is a lot faster and secure compared to a physical credit or debit card.
Google Pay works without sharing your actual card numbers. Essentially, your card information is stored securely on the company’s servers, and instead of sending your card details, the app uses a token called, the Virtual Account Number (VAN).
Setting Up a Google Pay Account
Before you can use this in an online casino, you’ll need to get the Google Pay app first. Here’s a step-by-step process on how you can set up your account.
- Download and install the Google Pay app.
- Open the app and select the ‘Get Started’ button.
- Next, select the ‘Connect to Gmail’ button. There will be a pop-up window that will ask for your permission for Google to access your device’s location. This is an important feature of the app so that you’re notified in case you’re in an area that accepts Google Pay.
- You will notice four tabs across the bottom of the Google Pay app: Home, Payment, Passes, and Send. To add a payment method, simply go to the ‘Payment’ tab, and select the ‘Add Payment Method’ button.
- To add a new card, simply tap ‘Add a New Card’ and hold the card in the camera window that pops up. After the app captures your card information, you’ll need to verify its expiration date and the CVC number.
- Tap the ‘Save’ button and read the Terms of Service before you can proceed to the ‘Accept & Continue’ button.
- Next, your local bank will verify the card and you will get a prompt saying that the lock screen shall be used for Google Pay. Click ‘ Got It’ to complete this process.
- Next, you will find the ‘Verify Your Card’ screen. Here, you get to choose where you will receive your verification number. You can receive this in your email or through your mobile phone. Click ‘Continue’ and enter the code and tap ‘Submit’.
The process of setting up the account may be long but it allows for the creation of a secure platform for fund transfers. Once you have set up your account, you can now use this in one of the top Indian casinos who accept the app.
Just like other app-based banking methods like Skrill and Neteller, completing a fund transfer is fast and easy. After logging in to your account, simply proceed to the site’s Cashier’ section and click ‘Deposit’. Indicate the amount that you want to transfer and select Google Pay. If you’re using a UPI, select Net Banking. Just follow the prompts on the screen to complete the fund transfer. Your Google Pay deposit is fast and it’s instantly credited to your account.
Are you ready to use your Android phone to deposit funds to your casino account? If yes, just check out our list of recommended Google Play casinos to start your online gambling adventure!